When planning our 2021 Shepparton Festival our focus will firmly be on how to bring art and great events safely to the public while ensuring the well-being of workers, artists, volunteers and audiences.
As we remain in a dynamic public health situation, we will be following Creative Victoria’s Return-to-Business Guidelines, which are informed by the directions of the Chief Health Officer. These guidelines will be updated as circumstances change, and as new information comes to light.
When assessing the safety of each 2021 Festival project or event, considerations by the Festival committee will include (but are not limited to):
- Continuous assessment of risk based on government advice
- Regulatory & industry practice
- Staff & volunteer training
- Social distancing & venue spaces
- Management of interaction points between individuals (e.g. ticket handling)
- Infection control (cleaning & hygiene, food & drink service)
- Contact tracing
- Communication to stakeholders
- Exploring alternative delivery modes (e.g. online)
- Postponing/cancelling events