Expressions of Interest
for Shepparton Festival 2021
Expressions of interest (EOIs) for projects and events for the 2021 Shepparton Festival are now open.
You’ve got an idea for an event – great! Anyone can be part of Shepparton Festival. We’re a proudly inclusive, accessible festival made by the great people of the GV and beyond. We’re all about variety, whichever form that comes in. Arts focused or not, we welcome you to submit an EOI so we can start the conversation of how you might be involved.
We are looking for EOIs from Artists, Community Groups, Venues, Organisations, Industries, you name it! The Shepparton Festival team are here to help you on your journey. So, what are you waiting for!?
What do I need for an EOI submission?
- An awesome event or a pearler of an idea*
- A confirmed venue – talk to us if you need help finding one
- Dates and times – when is it going to happen?
- Ticket prices – ‘free’ is also an option
- A blurb describing your awesome event – keep it short, sharp and savvy
- A good quality image that can be used for the guide – have a look at previous festival guides to get an idea of what works
- To consider how it fits with our 2021 theme UNIFY
- To complete our online EOI form by midnight 15 August. You don’t have to submit everything in one go – start drafting your application, save it and then come back to it later. Along the way, the festival team may make suggestions within your draft application form.
*If you have one of these but don’t know what to do, contact our friendly team on email@example.com.
Promotion and help from Shepparton Festival?
- If you need it, we will help you every step of the way! We’ll navigate you through the difficult questions and hold your hand while you celebrate the wins.
- If successful, your event will be included in the festival guide. Last year we printed 20,000 pocket guides and 5,000 full guides. These were then distributed across the GV. The guide will also be made available on our website.
- Your event will have a dedicated event listing on the Shepparton Festival website.
- At least one social media promotion in the lead up to your event.
Remember that help is always on hand and we can’t wait to see all of your ideas!
The Festival Team
1. REQUIREMENTS TO NOTE
1.1 Completion of this form does NOT guarantee entry into Shepparton Festival.
1.2 Shepparton Festival reserves the right to cancel involvement in the event at any time.
1.3 Please ensure you correctly complete this application and all relevant documentation is attached and submitted before EOI’s close.
1.4 NOTIFICATION OF THE STATUS OF APPLICATIONS ARE MADE AVAILABLE VIA EMAIL FOUR WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING NO INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE BEFORE THIS DATE.
1.5 Due to the nature of the Festivals design we cannot guarantee your group’s selection
1.6 Presenters will need to attend a mandatory briefing session which will outline correct use of the media pack, logo and branding.
2. SELECTION CRITERIA
2.1 Shepparton Festival Committee and management takes into account many factors upon making final
2.2 The decision by the Shepparton Festival Committee and management is final and no further correspondence after final selection will be entered in
2.3 Selection is based upon
- Suitability of act/performer with respect to overall festival direction
- Demonstration of consideration of festival theme
- Performance type
- Quality of the final EOI submission
- Relevant insurances and permits being in place/accessible in time
- Range of applications received
- Collaborative and cooperative approach of applicant
- Appropriate cost modelling (e.g. is it affordable to all/most?)
3.1 The applicant/s agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified the Shepparton Festival Committee and management and agents, and each of them from and against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses, penalties, demands and damages whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them, or any of them, arising from the applicant/s performance or purported performance of its obligations under this agreement and be directly related to the negligent acts, errors or omissions of the applicant/s. The applicant/s liability to indemnify the Shepparton Festival shall be reduced proportionally to the extent that any act or omission of the Shepparton Festival Committee and management or agents, contributed to the loss or liability.
The event organisers take great care in planning and presenting a safe and inclusive Festival. However it is understood that in being involved in this event you agree to fully indemnify the Festival against any claim laid against it, either by members of the public or persons engaged in any activity associated with the festival who, as a result of the festival, suffer personal injury, property damage or financial loss.
4.1 The Applicant will advise Shepparton Festival Committee and management immediately if there are any changes to your participation.
4.2 All participants agree that their (and those of their associated members) images and/or voices as recorded, photographed or filmed during the preparation and performance at the Shepparton Festival Committee and management may be broadcast or published by the Festival in any This includes but is not limited to: TV, Radio, Internet, Magazine, or any other advertising in connection with Shepparton Festival and those participants will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Applicants agree to all reasonable requests for publicity for the event.
4.3 The participants shall conform to the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Victoria) 2004, Local Government Act and any Local-Laws, or Regulation made there under and shall be liable for any breach of such Acts, Local Laws, or All other Acts, Statutory Rules, Provisions and Regulation of the Commonwealth of Australia or State of Victoria, for the time being in force shall be complied with.
4.4 The personal information supplied on this form is required in order to provide the service requested. It will be used by the Shepparton Festival Committee and management and stored in our record system for only as long as necessary. During this time, it can be accessed and amended by you, and will only be given to third parties with your consent or as required by legislation.